A chorus of praise was heard among the enthusiastic book readers when E Ink technology emerged to the market. Why? Mainly because we would not be studying the most popular novels on ereaders such as the Kindle or The new sony Readers without them. Now that the marketplace has already established pleasure of studying digitally in greyscale, the interest in color can there be. To put it simply, you want to see e-books colored.
Should you surf the web for info on ereader technology, you already know that manufacturers are attempting to uncover a method to produce a color version similar to E Ink. A few of the disadvantages of the technology are:
• The consumer loses on color publications. Included in this are the most popular graphic novels, photography books and art books.
• E Ink can’t render full-color illustrations, photos, or any other images that increase the studying experience.
• Textbooks are incomplete for college students because hyperlinks aren’t clickable.
• It does not highlight colored, so it may be tougher for the consumer to identify the formerly highlighted text.
• It does not translate magazines or cookbooks well.
However, there are these cons, E Ink comes with some good positives. Included in this are:
• It may last for a number of days or perhaps days on one battery charge.
• Compared to LCDs, it’s simpler around the eyes, and mimics the look of an actual book
To meet up with the demand, information mill trying to generate color technology that’s as efficient as E Ink. Throughout the CES in Vegas locked in The month of january 2010, companies presented different color technology towards the consumer. Color ereaders have previously hit japan and Taiwanese markets too, so hopefully we are seeing models in america soon. These businesses are:
• Pixel Qi – There is not a prototype yet, but Pixel Qi produced a LCD technology that may be when compared with OLPC laptop displays. Professionals state that Pixel Qi’s technology may get better because of netbooks.
• Qualcomm Mirasol – An attractive discovery, Mirasol mimics the iridescent colors we have seen anyway like from butterfly wings, peacock down or pearls. Mirasol labored well in the CES on the small screen, but exactly how it’ll check out a bigger screen has not been determined yet.
• Kent Display – Already being employed through the Fujitsu FLEPia from Japan, the Kent Display is produced from film that utilizes cholestric crystals however, the refresh rates are very slow and also the display panel is uncomfortably thick.
The likes of Amazon . com may hesitate to alter the Kindle display from E Ink technology to among the emerging color technologies. Clearly a complete color ebook studying experience would delight all of us, but we will need to wait and find out if one of these simple companies pulls a rainbow from their hat.