If you are not risk-averse, then the mutual funds serve to be good investment platforms for earning huge profits. However, it can be quite a daunting task for several investors to create a mutual fund portfolio. The creation of the same involved several factors that the investors believe to be too complex. For instance, one needs to shortlist some of the mutual fund schemes offering long-term credibility with excellent performance record. The investors also need to select the ones that fall in line with the investment objectives and overall risk profile. Another important step would be to monitor and analyze the overall performance of the particular mutual fund portfolio at frequent intervals. If you are interested in knowing about this, you can check how to analyze the performance.
With so many factors in consideration, we have outlisted a few equity mutual funds that the investors could select for making the investment. The investors need to invest in the equity mutual funds to save some tax or achieve tax concessions such that they can grow their wealth. Depending on additional factors like the fund manager, holdings in the portfolio, asset under management (AUM), expense ratios and risk analysis, here is a list of top five equity mutual funds for you to invest in:
- ICICI Prudential Focused Bluechip: This fund came up in the year 2008. The funds in this investment portfolio are presently invested in the large-cap companies mostly. These companies are selected from the list of leading 200 companies which have been listed on the NSE.
The ICICI Prudential Focused Bluechip mutual fund has been performing well consistently by providing around 11.3 percent of annual returns during last 5 years. This large-cap focused fund is perfect for the conservative investors. The equity fund holdings ensure high-quality long-term stocks and might deliver better returns in the upcoming years. Various banking, as well as technology sectors, form the prominent figures in the asset holdings of the fund.
- Birla Sunlife Frontline Equity: This fund was created in the year 2002. The main aim of the equity fund has been ensuring long-term growth with the help of various large cap fund companies. The fund is performing well by providing around 12.6 percent annual returns during last 5 years, especially during the time of falling markets.
The fund holdings consist of superior stocks which would continue to offer higher returns along the upcoming years. The fund manager focuses on energy and oil & gas sector as the present areas for effective asset allocation.
- Franklin India Prima Plus Fund: This fund came up in the year 1994. Its main objective was to offer capital growth along with dividend from the mixed portfolio including debt, equity as well as money market parameters. This mutual fund has been performing consistently by providing around 15 percent annual returns during last 5 years.
The equity holdings consist of quality stocks as it ensures to deliver higher returns along the upcoming years. Automobile, technology and finance sector are its main focus areas.
- UTI MNC Fund: This fund came up in 1998 for investing funds in the equity of several MNCs. The fund is performing well by offering around 21.14 percent annualized returns since last 5 years.
The equity holdings include leading brand stocks for delivering good returns along the years ahead. The main sectors of fund assets include finance, automobile, engineering and FMCG sector.
- PPFAS Long-Term Value Fund: This fund came up in 2013 for offering long-term assured capital growth achieved by investments in major equity along with related instruments. This mutual fund has been offering 19.84 percent of annualized returns since last five years.
Invest in the best-performing equity mutual funds as per your choice!